Registration for Medline’s 5th Pink Glove Dance (PGD) Video Competition is now underway. Maybe you have been thinking about participating in the PGD video competition, but haven’t for one reason or another. If so, this is your year to get involved in the only breast cancer awareness campaign that unites healthcare professionals and their communities through the joy of dance.
Medline has developed a straightforward, step-by-step process to help guide you through the competition – from obtaining necessary approvals to creating your video to garnering votes.
REMEMBER: Participating in Medline’s Pink Glove Dance video competition can have positive ROI, including:
- Build community awareness, loyalty and preference
- Engage employees
- Strengthen retention
- Enhance recruiting efforts
Step One: Get Approval to participate.
Since there will be filming, fundraising, community relations, and online voting, it is important to share the 2015 Official Rules with your facility and obtain the necessary approvals to participate in the PGD video competition.
Step Two: Create Buzz.
Now that you have approval, start talking!
- Talk to your colleagues and send emails asking them to participate in this unique campaign.
- Use posters and logos from the Pink Glove Dance toolkit to help spread the word.
- Share questions, comments and excitement on social media using the official hashtag, #PinkGloveDance.
Step Three: Find a Partner.
It’s takes two to tango! Your PGD entry must feature two community organizations – yours and another – in an effort to help build community awareness around breast cancer.
- Survivor Groups
- Local school
- Police or Fire Department
- Sports team
Step 4: Fundraise for Breast Cancer Awareness Charity of Your Choice.
All charities rely heavily on donations to help achieve their research, education and support service goals. Each PGD team is required to raise/donate a minimum of $2,000 for the breast cancer charity of their choice. See the 2015 Official Rules and Fundraising Tips to successfully fulfill the fundraising goal.
- Bake sale
- Car wash
- Restaurant night
- Direct donations
Step 5: Make a video.
This is where the real fun begins and it’s easy!
- Create a 90 second video to one of the 2015 PGD officially licensed songs. Use any type of video camera – a smartphone works perfectly – and dance for breast cancer awareness! Don’t forget to wear pink gloves.
- Tell us the inspiration for participating in 150 words or less.
- Submit your video entry, essay and verification of fundraising.
Step 6: Get out the vote.
Now that you have done all the work, get everyone voting for your video. Use the Internet, social media, word-of-mouth, email and more to encourage your friends, family and colleagues around the world to vote for your video.
Help unite your community and health system around breast cancer awareness and register today for the 2015 Pink Glove Dance Video Competition.
Up Next: PGD Webinar.
To gain access, insight and details on how you can successfully submit a Pink Glove Dance video for the 2015 competition. Stay tuned for more details!