Ambulatory Surgery Centers—known as ASCs—are modern health care facilities focused on providing same-day surgical care, including diagnostic and preventive procedures.
ASCs have transformed the outpatient experience for millions of Americans by providing them with a more convenient alternative to hospital-based outpatient procedures—and done so with a strong track record of quality care and positive patient outcomes.
For the last decade, ASCs have promoted awareness of these contributions by opening their doors to their communities, and hosting National ASC Day events. By hosting an event in your community you can educate key policy and decision makers about the benefits of ASCs and encourage public awareness of your ASC.
August 13, 2014, is National ASC Day, and ASCs across the country will host a variety of activities and events to celebrate, including educational seminars, tours of ASCs, health screenings and social media outreach. Don’t be left out.
More than 30 ASCs and companies participated in National ASC Day in 2013. Some include:
- Access MediQuip in Lake Mary, Florida
- Amkai Solutions in Armonk, New York
- AthensSurgeryCenter in Athens, Georgia
- Cartersville Ob/Gyn Associates in Cartersville, Georgia
- Florida Orthopaedic Institute Surgery in Temple Terrace, Florida
- HudsonValley Digestive Health in Cordtland Manor, New York
- LakeSurgeryCenter in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Northwest Michigan Surgery in Traverse City, Michigan
- Physicians Endoscopy in Jamison, Pennsylvania
- Stony PointSurgeryCenter in Richmond, Virginia
- WoosterAmbulatorySurgeryCenter in Wooster in Wooster, Ohio
For more information on ASC Day go to www.ascassociation.org/govtadvocacy/grassrootsadvocacy/nationalascday2014.